iMovie includes a collection of video effects than can change the way your clips look in much more drastic and creative ways than you can accomplish with the color balance and color adjustment tools. These video effects require no customization or additional settings. You simply apply them to your video clip, and if you’re happy with the result you can leave them applied. Otherwise, you can remove them with a single click.
- [Voiceover] iMovie includes a collection of video effects…that can change the way your clips look…in much more drastic and creative ways…than you can accomplish with the…color balance and color adjustment tools.…For this exercise, I've switched back…to the AT running project we were working on earlier,…and I've selected this slightly longer clip here…so we have some time to examine the effects.…To access the video effects,…make sure your clip is selected,…and here in the toolbar,…you'll find the clip filter and audio effects.…You can see that displays two menus.…We'll be talking about audio effects in the next chapter,…so let's look at the clip filters,…which are essentially video effects.…
Doing so pops up in this window containing 30 different ways…you can change the appearance of your clip.…Really there's nothing to do here…but to place your mouse over any one of them,…to instantly preview what it will do to your clip.…There are no additional settings for any of these effects.…If you see something you like, just click it.…
- What's new in iMovie 10.1.2?
- Importing video
- Browsing events
- Adding clips to a new iMovie project
- Organizing and rating clips
- Trimming video
- Splitting, inserting, and connecting clips
- Creating still clips
- Adding photos, transitions, and titles
- Adjusting video speed
- Applying special effects
- Adding music and sound effects
- Sharing movies
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 05/23/2016 and 06/15/2016. What changed?
A: We revised one video, "Delete unwanted clips," to address updates found in iMovie 10.1.2.
1. Import Video
2. Understand the Interface
Interface overview5m 28s
3. Organize Clips
4. Edit Video
5. Work with Photos, Transitions, Titles, and Effects
6. Work with Audio
7. Share Your Movies
Export to iMovie Theater6m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.