Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced rating tools, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
So if you take to heart what I said previously about always spending the time to…rate your footage so it's easy to find the good stuff later,…you'll probably soon realize that rating footage can get kind of tedious.…I mean it involves so much back-and-forth clicking.…First, you have to drag to select the footage you want;…then you have to click the Favorites button. Then you have to drag the select…footage you want; then you have to click the Favorites button.…So if you're doing a lot of marking, I highly suggest you go to iMovie >…Preferences, and under the General tab, check Show Advanced tools.…Now before I do that, let me close this for a second and deselect everything here.…
You'll notice when I have nothing selected the marking tools are all grayed out.…You have to select something to activate these buttons.…But if I go to iMovie > Preferences and check Show Advanced tools,…notice those buttons that become available, along with some other buttons now appearing in the toolbar.…So even with nothing selected right now, these buttons are now available,…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.