Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a voiceover, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
In addition to letting you adjust and add pre-recorded audio files, iMovie also…features the ability of letting you record your own voiceover narration to your…movies live while watching the movie.…This is a great feature if you're the type of person that likes to do a lot of…explaining while people are watching your videos, like "the beach was completely…deserted at 6:00 a.m. in the morning," or "I almost dropped my camera in the water in this shot."…Sure, you can also record your own voiceover in a separate program, but the…advantage of recording directly into iMovie is that you can watch your video as you speak.…That lets you do sort of a director's commentary style narration, too, if you'd like to.…
You can use your Mac's built-in mic, if it has one, or you can simply pick up an…inexpensive USB microphone from any computer or office supply store.…To record a voiceover, you click the Voiceover button in the toolbar, and here…you can choose what audio input device you want to record from.…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.