Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding music and sound effects, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Okay, let's take a look at how to add music and sound effects to our iMovie project.…Music can dramatically change the mood and tone of your movie, and you're free to…drag in any MP3 or iTunes AAC file you want into iMovie.…You can either drag them in from some other location on your Mac. Or better yet,…if you have your music organized in iTunes, you can access your iTunes Library…directly from iMovie.…And iMovie itself comes with tons of professionally performed musical pieces, as…well as a huge library of sound effects, so you're almost always sure to find…something that will enhance your movie project.…So let's see how we do this.…
Let's start with sound effects.…Now, if I listen to the first couple of clips for my project, the sound levels…are pretty inconsistent.…(video playing) (scrubbing surfboard)…(video playing) (birds chirping)…(video playing) (truck engine)…Now, previously we saw how you can manually adjust the level of volume for…multiple clips so they better match each other, but even in this case where…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.