Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding background music, part of iMovie 11 Essential Training.
Now let's look at how to add background music to our iMovie project.…Now previously, I added this Greasy Wheels music to my project, but the method I…used was to drag it into my project and attach it to one of my clips, and again this…means that if I drag the clip anywhere, all the audio moves with it. Let's undo that.…But what I want is some music that plays from the beginning of my project and…won't be moved if I shuffle my clips around.…So first of all, I am going to select that Greasy Wheels Long music and delete that.…That way it won't conflict with the music I am going to bring in.…So to add background music to your iMovie project, you can either drag it in…from a Finder window on your Mac or browse through the Music and Sound Effect…browser, which gives you access to your iTunes library, any Garage Band songs you…have composed, as well as to the iMovie and iLife Sound Effects folders, which again…contain hundreds of sound effects and musical pieces.…
If you're dragging in your own music, just note that it has to be a QuickTime-…
- Importing footage and stills
- Organizing and locating clips using ratings and keyword tags
- Cropping, trimming, splitting, and fine-tuning clips
- Inserting transitions between clips
- Applying One-Step effects
- Stabilizing shaky footage
- Adding background music and voiceovers
- Synchronizing footage to specific points of an audio track
- Publishing content to YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Exporting movies and projects
Skill Level Beginner
GarageBand '11 Essential Trainingwith Todd Howard4h 58m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Importing Video
3. Understanding the Interface
4. Organizing Clips
5. Editing Video
6. Working with Effects
7. Working with Audio
8. Sharing Your Movies
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.