After you create a new iMovie project, it's time to start assembling your clips into a movie. How you do this is entirely up to you and the type of project you're creating. You might prefer to make quick selections of shots and drag them into the project before worrying about cleaning them up or trimming them. Or you might want to plan out your entire movie shot by shot. This video shows you how to select and add footage to your project.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Now, that we have a new empty project created…it's time to start assembling our clips into a movie.…Now, how you do this is entirely up to you…and the type of project you are creating.…You might prefer to make quick selections of shots…and drag them into your project…before worrying about cleaning them up or trimming them…or you might want to plan out…your entire movie shot by shot.…It's really up to you.…In this chapter, we're gonna be putting together…the running clips we previously imported.…If you want to work along with me,…but haven't yet imported the clips…do so now.…Remember, you can import clips from your hard drive…by clicking the import button.…And from here, navigating to the location of the footage.…
In this case we are looking for the AT footage folder…found in the exercise files folder.…So, be sure to import all of these clips…if you have the exercise files…and want to work along with me.…So, we're gonna be grabbing portions…from many of these clips…and we're gonna try to grab the most interesting shots…
- What's new in iMovie 10.1.2?
- Importing video
- Browsing events
- Adding clips to a new iMovie project
- Organizing and rating clips
- Trimming video
- Splitting, inserting, and connecting clips
- Creating still clips
- Adding photos, transitions, and titles
- Adjusting video speed
- Applying special effects
- Adding music and sound effects
- Sharing movies
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2015)with Ashley Kennedy11h 16m Appropriate for all
1. Import Video
2. Understand the Interface
Interface overview5m 28s
3. Organize Clips
4. Edit Video
5. Work with Photos, Transitions, Titles, and Effects
6. Work with Audio
7. Share Your Movies
Export to iMovie Theater6m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.