Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with iCloud Drive on a computer, part of iCloud Essential Training.
- View Offline
- iCloud Drive is tool for storing files and folders…of any kind on iCloud.…It's sort of like having an external hard drive…connected to your computer,…but instead of connecting a physical hard drive,…you just have to connect to the cloud.…Then, you have a place to store documents,…create folders, and organize any files you want.…The benefit to using iCloud Drive,…like anything else in iCloud,…is that you can access the files on your iCloud Drive…from multiple computers and iOS devices.…
So, I'm going to jump into System Preferences,…and take a look at my iCloud preferences,…and I just want to make sure that iCloud Drive is enabled,…so I've got the little check box there.…I'm also going to take a little look inside of Options.…There are a lot of apps that come with OS 10…that are set up to store files in iCloud…in their own special folders.…These folders are referred to as iCloud libraries.…And we'll see those here in a minute.…But they really just work like folders.…They're simply dedicated to the files saved…
- What is iCloud?
- Creating an iCloud account
- Linking to iCloud on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices
- Managing storage space
- Synchronizing data
- Locating lost iPhone, iPads, and computers
- Working with iCloud Drive
- Setting up Family Sharing
- Transitioning work from your computer to your iPad or iPhone with Handoff