Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before taking this course, part of Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS (2013).
- View Offline
While you will need some Basic iOS and Objective-C experience coming to this course, you won't have to be too advanced. So if you've already watched an iOS Essential Training Course, you should be good to go for this course. But definitely having any extra programming background helps. So the more experience you have with Objective-C, the better. But again, coming into this course, I'm really expecting you to just have some basic familiarity with developing an iOS application.
So with that knowledge, to follow along testing all of the iCloud functionality in the course, you also need an Apple developer account and a device to test your app on, because iCloud does not fully work in a simulator. Ideally you would have two devices. So again, knowledge of the programming, an Apple developer account, and one or more devices to test iCloud on.
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud