Learn how to connect your apps to the cloud by developing for the iCloud API with iOS. Find out how to send data, retrieve files, and work with CloudKit databases.
- Hi. I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to Developing for Apple iCloud API. This course covers the basics of coding iCloud apps, including using iCloud key-value storage, cloud documents with and without iCloud drive, and Cloud Kit. These features enable you to store app configuration data, files, and even databases in the cloud in order to sync mutliple devices. We'll look at how to send data to the cloud, how to retrieve data from the cloud, and how to auto-sync cloud data so devices are automatically updated as cloud data is updated.
So let's jump right in.
- Working with iCloud key-value pairs
- Building an example app that accesses iCloud documents
- Saving and loading iCloud documents
- Fetching records with CloudKit
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for iOS 9 with Swiftwith Todd Perkins1h 20m Intermediate
iOS 9 App Development: GamePlayKitwith Tammy Coron1h 31m Intermediate
1. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
2. Working with iCloud Documents
3. Working with CloudKit
Next steps2m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.