Learn how to connect your apps to the cloud by developing for the iCloud API with iOS. Find out how to send data, retrieve files, and work with CloudKit databases.
- Hi. I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to Developing for Apple iCloud API. This course covers the basics of coding iCloud apps, including using iCloud key-value storage, cloud documents with and without iCloud drive, and Cloud Kit. These features enable you to store app configuration data, files, and even databases in the cloud in order to sync mutliple devices. We'll look at how to send data to the cloud, how to retrieve data from the cloud, and how to auto-sync cloud data so devices are automatically updated as cloud data is updated.
So let's jump right in.
- Working with iCloud key-value pairs
- Building an example app that accesses iCloud documents
- Saving and loading iCloud documents
- Fetching records with CloudKit