Build a note-taking app that leverages the storage and remote data access capabilities of iCloud.
- [Voiceover] Hi! I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS. This course is designed to demonstrate the key features provided by Apple in the iCloud API. iCloud enables data syncing between multiple devices using the same app, as well as multiple devices using different apps created by the same developer. The topics we'll discuss include building a note-taking app, setting the app up for iCloud integration, and multiple ways to integrate iCloud functionality into your apps.
I'll also show how to manage conflicts that can arise when devices sync through iCloud so that changes made on one device will appear on another device in a way that a user would expect. This course covers a topic that is exciting to me personally so I hope you can share in that excitement as we go through developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS.
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud