Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding what iCloud does, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API (2013).
Before we add iCloud integration in our app, let's take a minute to discuss what…iCloud actually does.…I am going to get my information from Apple's iCloud Design Guide, so you can…either find it on Apple's website or just follow along on my screen.…iCloud was made to sync data between multiple devices with minimal user interaction.…So, as this picture shows, you have one document in the Cloud, and you'd maybe…edit it on your iPhone, and the data would be beamed up to the Cloud, and…the file would be updated, and automatically your iPad and your Mac book would…be updated as well.…
I'm going to click Next on this page to go into Apple's Design Guide, and if you…scroll down we can see how the data is actually stored.…Your Application has a Sandbox Container. That's where you store the documents…that are used in your app.…There is also something called a Ubiquity Container that's outside of your…application Sandbox, and that's where you store the iCloud data.…Your Ubiquity Container is a local representation of your Cloud documents.…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.