Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding key-value pairs in iCloud, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API (2013).
Perhaps the easiest way to add iCloud integration to your app is to store key value pairs.…Note that with key value pairs the max amount of total data that you're allowed…to store in iCloud is 1 MB.…If you're making a more robust app than this, then maybe you don't want to save all…of your data into the key value pairs.…We will look at ways in another chapter for how to store more data to the cloud.…But for the purposes of teaching you how to save key value pairs, we're going to…save all of our note data to iCloud.…
In Data.m scroll down to where we save the notes. So here we save to…NSUserDefaults. Saving to iCloud is almost exactly the same. In fact I can…actually copy and paste this line of code to the next line and simply…change NSUserDefault standardUserDefaults to and NSUbiquitousKeyValueStore defaultStore.…And that value is then saved to iCloud.…The NSUbiquitousKeyValueStore works almost exactly like NSUserDefaults, and it…has the same methods like set object for keys, set dictionary for key, and in…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.