Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS (2013).
I'd like to show you where you can find more information about developing apps for iCloud.…The first and most obvious one is the iCloud design guide, which you can find in…the iOS Developer Library.…Here on the Table of Contents you can see all of the topics that are covered, and…some tips that Apple gives you for developing apps that utilize iCloud.…If you're curious about more detail, about anything that we've talked about…throughout this course, you can find that here.…
Another way that you can develop iCloud applications is by using Core Data.…Now unfortunately at this time, the sample code that I've looked up that's…provided by Apple has been known to produce bugs. And I've seen this on Apple's…developer forums that iCloud with Core Data is not quite ready for prime time,…because it doesn't work exactly as expected.…If you'd still like to work with Core Data in iCloud, you can use the Using Core…Data With iCloud Programming Notes in the iOS Developer Library.…
Here you can get some tips to get started working with iCloud and Core Data.…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.