Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing storage space, part of iCloud Essential Training (2014).
- Let's think about online storage space for a moment.…Since iCloud stores files and synchronizes data,…that information is taking up space somewhere.…We say it's being stored "on the Cloud"…but it's actually being stored on a drive…in a server somewhere…in some data center connected to the internet,…and somebody has to pay for those servers.…Fortunately, the iCloud account itself is free,…and as long as you don't use a lot of storage space,…then you don't have to pay for storage space either.…But if you do use a lot of storage space,…it will start to cost you money.…
So let's take a look at the options we have,…and of course we'll need to go to our…iCloud settings panel again.…Here on a Mac, I'll go into "System Preferences",…then to the iCloud button,…and what we're interested in here…is down at the bottom of the window…where I can see information about storage space.…By default, the free iCloud account has 5 GB of storage,…and that's free.…You don't have to pay for it.…Below that I can see how much space I still have available.…
- What is iCloud?
- Creating an iCloud account
- Linking to iCloud on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices
- Managing storage space
- Synchronizing data
- Locating lost iPhone, iPads, and computers
- Working with iCloud Drive
- Setting up Family Sharing
- Transitioning work from your computer to your iPad or iPhone with Handoff
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up iCloud
2. Using iCloud Services
3. Working with iCloud Drive
4. Using the Photo Library
Sharing photos from iPhoto7m 12s
5. Working with Family Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.