Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling updated notes, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API (2013).
Now that we've looked at adding and deleting notes and syncing them…through iCloud, let's look at how to update notes and make sure that that data is accurate.…Go to Constants.h and define one new constant that we'll call kUpdatedNotes.…And we'll call this updatedNotes, save the file, and head over to Data.m, and in…here scroll up to the top, and we're going to do the same thing that we did for the deleted notes.…
So we'll add a new static value called updatedNotes, and then we are going to…copy or re-instantiate deletedNotes in the getAllNotes method, change the name…to updatedNotes, and change the key to kUpdatedNotes.…Now what updatedNotes is actually going to do is it's going to take timestamps…and save them as the objects for the keys that correspond to the notes.…So the keys for updatedNotes and allNotes will be the same, but updatedNotes…will store, instead of the note value as the value, it will store the timestamp of…when the note was last updated.…
So we actually already have a method that controls when notes were updated and…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.