Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling document metadata events, part of Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS (2013).
Our app only has one cloud document. But let's say you wanted to create an…app that had multiple documents, and you wanted to track all of those…documents saved in iCloud and open the ones that you want. To do that, you…can query the metadata.…Now the metadata is something that gets updated frequently, so your app can check…the iCloud metadata that's constantly being updated from iCloud to see what…files exist on a server without downloading them.…
Then you can download whichever files you want as necessary.…So let's look at how to read the metadata from iCloud.…Create a static property in the data class, and it's going to be of type…NSMetadataQuery. We'll call this query.…Scroll down to below notesURL, and we are going to define a method that is again…a static method that will return void that's called loadCloudMetadata.…
Now what we'll do in here is we're going to instantiate the queries.…So query, then we'll allocate an NSMetadataQuery. Then we'll allocate and initialize it,…standard initializer here.…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.