Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying and saving notes, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API (2013).
Now that we have a system for adding notes, let's add the functionality to save…the notes that we write and display notes that we've saved.…Go to MasterViewController.m and scroll down to the bottom and find the…prepareForSegue method.…In this method, I am going to change NSDate to NSString. Let's go to the next…line, and we are going to set the current key for data.…
So Data setCurrentKey, and just pass an object.…So now save this file and go to DetailViewController.m.…Now let's scroll down to configureView.…Now the first thing we want to do here is import the data class.…So scroll to the top and import Data.h and Constants.h. And then, scroll down…into configure view, and what we are going to do is check to see if the…current note is blank.…
So let's delete self.tView.text equals the blank string, and what we are going to…do is create a string, let's create an NSString called currentNote, and we will…set it equal to Data getAllNotes, objectForKey, and then some brackets,…Data getCurrentkey.…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.