- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi! I'm Todd Perkins. Welcome to Developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS. This course is designed to demonstrate the key features provided by Apple in the iCloud API. iCloud enables data syncing between multiple devices using the same app, as well as multiple devices using different apps created by the same developer. The topics we'll discuss include building a note-taking app, setting the app up for iCloud integration, and multiple ways to integrate iCloud functionality into your apps.
I'll also show how to manage conflicts that can arise when devices sync through iCloud so that changes made on one device will appear on another device in a way that a user would expect. This course covers a topic that is exciting to me personally so I hope you can share in that excitement as we go through developing for the Apple iCloud API with iOS.
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.