Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating helper methods for manipulating data, part of iOS App Development: Apple iCloud API (2013).
Let's now create some static helper methods so that we can easily manipulate the…data in our data class from anywhere in our application.…Under getAllNotes I am going to declare a few methods.…Again, they are all going to be static and they're going to revolve around…manipulating our NSMutableDictionary that holds all the notes.…So the first one is going to return void, and we will call it setCurrentKey. I'm…going to receive an NSString called key.…
The next one, we'll go with that current key method, and it will return an…NSString, we will call it getCurrentKey.…The current key is going to correspond to the note that's being edited currently.…So this will represent the key for the currently edited note and the value will…be the text inside of the note.…The keys will actually just be timestamps as well.…So on the next line, another static method, returning void, called…setNoteForCurrentKey.…
So this will receive an NSString called note, and then on the next line, we'll call…this setNote and then a colon,…
- Understanding the class structure of an app
- Building the data model and constants
- Making your app compatible with the Apple Developer portal
- Connecting to iCloud
- Understanding the UIDocument class
- Handling document metadata class
- Opening, closing, saving, and deleting documents from iCloud
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 6 App Development New Featureswith Simon Allardice2h 29m Intermediate
1. Building the Note-Taking App
2. Preparing the App to Use iCloud
3. Working with iCloud Key-Value Pairs
4. Working with iCloud Documents
Next steps2m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.