iBooks Author Essential Training
Even writers without extensive design or publishing experience find they can publish their own digital books with iBooks Author—and the right training. Start here to learn how to create your own ebooks with this easy-to-use ebook publishing software.
Follow along with Chris Mattia as he assembles a dynamic and engaging ebook for distribution on the iPad and EPUB readers. He includes all the features of a well-designed ebook, including text, images, audio, video, 3D models, and web content, as well as essential navigation tools such as links, bookmarks, and a table of contents. He also shows how leverage built-in templates to produce a beautifully designed and polished ebook without any extra effort, and customize and share your own iBooks templates. The course wraps up with a review of the iBooks EPUB workflow and the iBooks Store publishing process.
- Creating a book cover
- Creating pages, chapters, and sections
- Adding a table of contents and a glossary
- Working with templates and placeholder content
- Sharing a custom template
- Importing text from Pages, Word, or InDesign
- Formatting text
- Adding objects such as titles, labels, and captions
- Inserting images
- Adding tables and charts
- Working with widgets such as movies, 3D objects, and interactive images
- Creating review sections with multiple-choice and matching questions
- Adding links and bookmarks
- Creating, importing, and exporting EPUBs
- Exporting a book as a PDF or text document
- Publishing to the iBooks Store
- Hi, my name is Chris Mattia. Welcome to iBooks Author Essential Training. In this course, I'll teach you how to create a dynamic and engaging iBook that readers can enjoy on an iPad. We'll begin by setting up the structure of our book and customizing our page layouts. Next, we'll add static content, such as text, images, tables, and charts. We'll then enhance our book by adding interactive widgets, such as image galleries, keynote presentations, 3D objects, HTML5 dashboard widgets, and self-assessing review questions.
Finally, we'll preflight our book, and then publish it to the Apple iBook store using iTunes Producer. Now, let's get started with iBooks Author Essential Training.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about iBooks Author Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: This course was updated on 02/18/2013. What changed?
- A: This update covers changes included with iBooks 2.0. We added movies to address portrait-only book templates, embedded equations, scrolling sidebar and popover widgets, and updated movies on publishing to the iBookstore.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals6,728,971 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training3,907,848 Views