Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with page elements, part of iBooks Author for Teachers: Fundamentals.
So far, we've looked at the larger aspects of an iBooks Author project, first…with things like templates and then layouts.…Now we'll continue to narrow our focus and look at individual page elements,…how to create them, change their size, shape, and position, as well as their…place in the stacking order.…Let's begin our look at working with page elements by creating a nice,…clean space to work in.…If you're following along, you can use any of the templates in the Template Chooser.…This one is Contemporary.…I'll click on the Add Pages button in the toolbar and select Pages > Blank to add a blank page.…
I'll also zoom out a little so I can see the whole page by pressing the keyboard…shortcut Command+Shift+Comma, or you can use the menu at the…bottom of the screen to zoom to 75%.…Next I'm going to add a few shapes.…I'll use the Shapes menu in the toolbar to add a square, a circle, and a triangle.…You can use the Metrics Inspector to size and position objects by typing…specific values or clicking the up and down arrows.…
- Creating and editing layouts
- Setting text preferences
- Working with color and images
- Importing and moving content
- Adding an image gallery widget
- Creating scrolling sidebars and pop-overs
- Incorporating audio and video
- Creating reviews with multiple choice and matching questions
- Sharing iBooks Author projects via email and PDF
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Working with Layouts and Pages
2. Working with Text Elements
3. Working with Color and Images
4. Importing and Moving Content
Importing content from a PDF4m 50s
5. Working with Widgets
6. Working with Reviews
7. Sharing iBooks Author Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.