Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with color, part of iBooks Author for Teachers: Fundamentals.
It's true that you can make a fully functioning iBooks Author project in just…black and white, but why not take advantage of the opportunity to make your…projects much more engaging with the good use of color.…And there are plenty of options for sampling, mixing, saving, and applying colors…using the Colors window.…Let's see how it works.…Let's start by taking a look at how to create and save colors in iBooks Author.…First we need to open the Colors window, which you can get at via the toolbar or…by pressing the keyboard shortcut Command+Shift+C. The Colors window gives you…several ways of mixing colors.…
First we have a color wheel and there is a slider alongside where you can…adjust the brightness.…Clicking and dragging around inside the wheel changes the hue.…To adjust the saturation, you move between the outer edge and the center.…So I can have a very saturated green, or a grayish green.…And we have a slider underneath the wheel to adjust the Opacity if you want to…create a color that you can see through to what's beneath it.…
- Creating and editing layouts
- Setting text preferences
- Working with color and images
- Importing and moving content
- Adding an image gallery widget
- Creating scrolling sidebars and pop-overs
- Incorporating audio and video
- Creating reviews with multiple choice and matching questions
- Sharing iBooks Author projects via email and PDF
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Working with Layouts and Pages
2. Working with Text Elements
3. Working with Color and Images
4. Importing and Moving Content
Importing content from a PDF4m 50s
5. Working with Widgets
6. Working with Reviews
7. Sharing iBooks Author Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.