Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using widgets: The basics, part of iBooks Author for Teachers: The Basics.
One of the most exciting aspects of creating projects with iBooks Author is the…potential for adding interactivity, audio, video, and other dynamic content with…special objects called Widgets.…Version two of iBooks author offers nine types of widgets, and in later movies we'll…see how to work with each kind.…But let's start first with an overview to get you familiar with and hopefully…excited about the creative possibilities of iBooks Author's Widgets.…The first important point to know about widgets is that like the rest of iBooks…Author, you don't have to know computer code to work with them.…
- Creating and editing layouts
- Setting text preferences
- Working with color and images
- Importing and moving content
- Adding an image gallery widget
- Creating scrolling sidebars and pop-overs
- Incorporating audio and video
- Creating reviews with multiple choice and matching questions
- Sharing iBooks Author projects via email and PDF
Skill Level Appropriate for all
iBooks Author Essential Trainingwith Chris Mattia6h 55m Appropriate for all
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
iBooks Author for Teachers: Creating a Math Lessonwith Mike Rankin54m 18s Intermediate
iBooks Author for Teachers: Creating a Lab Manualwith Mike Rankin44m 42s Appropriate for all
1. Working with Layouts and Pages
2. Working with Text Elements
3. Working with Color and Images
4. Importing and Moving Content
Importing content from a PDF4m 50s
5. Working with Widgets
6. Working with Reviews
7. Sharing iBooks Author Projects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.