- View Offline
- Your first ebook in just four minutes
- Creating covers and introductions
- Importing and formatting text
- Adding and adjusting images
- Creating custom layouts
- Inserting tables, charts, and galleries
- Adding audio and video
- Creating a table of contents or glossary
- Previewing and publishing your iBook
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Joseph Linaschke, photographic storyteller and travel writer, educator and the Aperture expert. I travel the world for my clients shooting everything from portraits to concerts, weddings to lifestyle, and commercial to corporate. I teach photography workshops, and also work with schools around the globe helping them to integrate photography into their curriculum and teaching how to use the camera as a learning tool. I also run the website apertureexpert.com, helping users worldwide get the most from Apple's Aperture software. iBooks Author is a powerful page layout application, that allows you to integrate text, photos, slideshows, video, audio, and even quizzes into your iBook.
Whether you're writing an educational textbook for schools, a modern software training manual, a photo travel storybook like we are in this video course, or even just making the most incredible family photo album you've ever seen, iBooks Author can do it all. Of course, an application this powerful has a ton of advanced features, and knowing how to use them before you tackle your first big project can make a huge difference to your iBooks experience. Join me as we cover basics like adding photos and video, flowing text around objects, inserting chapters, and even previewing your creation on an iPad. Then we'll dive into more complex tasks like customizing layouts and understanding master objects, adding slideshows and quizzes and so much more.
This course is broken into a series of bite sized segments so you can easily repeat a lesson or jump around however you like. Whether you're working on your first or your tenth iBook, whenever you have a question about a specific feature, you can come back and watch just that video at any time. Let's get started with a basic workflow overview.