Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Your first listing, part of eBay for Sellers Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Now I’ll demonstrate how to develop…an eBay listing.…I’ve already captured photos, and while I normally…write my listing copy on the fly, I’ve prepared these…beforehand, and I have them in a folder on the computer.…Listing requires you to sign in,…and when you’re ready just go ahead to the eBay site…and then click on the ‘Sell’ link here at the top.…The first step is to tell eBay what you’re selling.…A great trick for books to save time…is to enter the ISBN number.…
For most goods you can list using a UPC code…found on the product.…These shortcuts save you time.…eBay has a powerful catalog that contains…detailed product information and photographs…for millions of known goods.…I’m listing without the catalog,…so make a mental note to remember this feature…when you’re listing appropriate items.…Knowing in advance that eBay has a catalog…for your new items means that you can skip…the photography step altogether.…eBay wants to categorize everything.…
You can browse the categories if desired,…but it’s easier to enter your listing title…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.