Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing compelling copy for listings, part of eBay for Sellers Essential Training.
- Writing compelling eBay titles…and descriptions is critical to the success…of your eBay business.…It involves practice and study so that you can…attract quality relevant buyers.…Because the eBay title uses keywords…instead of sentences, your selection of words…for your titles needs to be spot on.…In this movie I’ll be covering how to write…powerful titles and descriptions that deliver results.…Titles are limited to 80 characters…and descriptions can be as long as is required.…I like to think of the selection of keywords…as broken down into three parts:…the bones, the meat, and the feathers.…
The bones of an eBay title provide the absolute essential…keywords such as the brandname, artist, or designer,…and a basic description of the item.…Those are things like Samsung Blu-Ray Player,…or Chanel Messenger Bag.…You’ll see to the right I’ve put the number of characters…I’ve used for the titles.…Adding meat increases the possibility…a buyer will discover your item by providing…specific information such as size, color,…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.