Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of eBay Essential Training: Selling.
- The content that you'll discover in this course is shared with the understanding that you'll enhance any knowledge that you gain with appropriate professional and legal advice, as needed. This would be true of any business venture, large or small. The concepts here are ever green, however, eBay, PayPal, and most websites are a changing landscape. Screens will vary over time from what you experience in these videos. There are no pre-requisites for this course except already having a working PayPal account.
If you're new to PayPal, don't panic. lynda.com offers a robust and easy course on setting up your first PayPal account entitled PayPal Essential Training. Setting that up won't be taught in these lessons, so be sure to get registered on PayPal as soon as you have a free moment to do so. This is an essential training and a general introduction to selling on eBay. You don't need any particular knowledge. All you need is a desire and an interest in eBay, PayPal, and e-commerce. I'll be providing a lot of actual screen time to show you how to do things in the real world.
We'll be performing the work, not just talking in theory. This will keep things engaging by showing you real examples. So, let's get things started.
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.