Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding fees, part of eBay Essential Training: Selling.
- You've heard the classic proverb,…"A penny saved is a penny earned",…and I'm gonna help you save a lot of pennies on eBay.…The essential fees for using eBay…are the cost of placing your ad,…which is also called a "listing",…plus the cost of successfully closing a sale,…which is also referred to as the "final value fee".…There are optional features that will incur costs, as well.…The basic fees apply to most categories of merchandise…and depend upon your selling format.…Each time you start a listing,…you're charged the insertion fee…for that category.…
After a successful sale,…then you're charged a final value fee,…based upon the item's selling price.…There is also a fee for receiving payment through Paypal.…Most buyers will pay using this service.…Let's learn more by clicking on the Help & Contact link…at the top of the eBay site.…Type in the word "fees" and then select the option…that says, "What are the standard eBay selling fees?"…The basics are explained here.…The fee calculator link offers a powerful tool…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.