Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Capturing photos for eBay, part of eBay Essential Training: Selling.
- Good photography is an eBay seller's…essential calling card.…The adage that a picture is worth a thousand words…rings true for most categories of merchandise…you sell on eBay.…If you sell new, unopened merchandise…and the item is a commodity that everyone knows,…the photos are less essential…than if you're selling an antique crystal vase.…Some important things to remember are…that you cannot simply borrow photos…from other eBay sellers,…websites, retailers, manufacturers…or anyone else, for that matter,…without getting their consent.…
eBay has some sophisticated software…for catching photo borrowers…so it's highly recommended that you take your own photos…and that you work on being the best photographer possible.…When using eBay's picture hosting service,…it's important to have a clear picture…but the photos don't have to be huge.…With the capabilities of today's cameras,…you might find it helpful to reduce the file output size…to 1024x768 pixels.…Larger is okay…but eBay will eventually end up reducing the file size…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.