Join Christopher Matthew Spencer for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing categories, part of eBay for Sellers Essential Training.
- View Offline
- eBay's listings are organized into categories.…You'll see the seller-assigned category…at the top of each listing page…and it'll show up right here.…Sellers can list in up to two categories.…Here's an example.…An additional category may provide more exposure to buyers…who browse for items to purchase by category.…Savvy eBay sellers learn to browse for bargains.…While most buyers use searches to discover eBay items,…eBay has browsing capabilities.…Not all sellers have the benefit of experience…and many do a poor job of selecting keywords…that will draw in buyers.…
From the eBay homepage, you can shop by category.…Clicking on Shop by Category brings up…the most popular categories…but you can also click See all categories…to view all of them.…Each of these headings is referred to…as a top-level category.…Clicking Antiques brings up a custom landing page…that eBay has developed…to help promote specific popular items of interest.…Hovering over A-B and then clicking on Antiques…will bring up just search results.…That's where we begin to browse.…
AuthorChristopher Matthew Spencer
He covers the economics of developing an eBay business, capturing superior product photography, communicating with potential customers through excellent listings and professional customer service, and fulfilling orders. This in-depth course also explains accepting secure payments with PayPal, packing and shipping, setting up an eBay store, working with eBay Mobile, and engaging with the eBay community.
- Online security
- Equipment that's required
- Registering and branding an eBay account
- Researching products before you list
- Advanced search techniques
- The economics of eBay
- Capturing the best photos
- Writing compelling listings
- Social selling and marketing your eBay business
- Communicating with customers
- Packing for safe delivery
- Domestic and international shipping
- The feedback process
- Getting help
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Researching Products Before You List
3. The Basics of Selling Items
4. Preparing and Managing eBay Listings
5. Developing an eBay Store
Branding your eBay store6m 3s
6. Getting Help from eBay and the eBay Community
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.