Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video A primer on structured data, part of Learning SEO Tools.
- [Instructor] If you've been around SEO, you've likely…heard terms such as structure data markup,…rich snippets, rich media,…schema.org, microdata,…and so on.…But, what the heck does it all mean?…Well, let's start at the top.…Structured data markup is the standard way…to tell engines like Google…what the content on your site is.…This markup helps Google understand if content…is a breadcrumb,…an address to a local business,…a map to a place,…a review on a product,…or even a sale price on an item.…
To see an example of this…let's do a Google search for Jurassic World.…This is a new movie that was just released.…Here, I can see that Google has brought in…some showtimes.…On the right hand side we can see some information…about the movie.…And as I scroll down the page, we can see the…organic search results.…Now, you'll notice that some of these search results…contain a rating.…This is a rich snippet…and it comes to us because these sources…both IMDB…and Rotten Tomatoes…are using structured data to tell Google…about that review.…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.