- Explain how to set the Instant Tune to prevent notifications from popping up.
- Recognize the purpose of the bedtime switch.
- Recall the feature that deactivates the lightning port to protect data from thieves.
- Explain how to add a participant to a FaceTime call.
- Identify the app that allows users to record a video while wearing a 3D Animoji mask?
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Garrick] iOS 12 is the latest version of the operating system for iPhones and iPads as of September 2018, it comes with a slew of under-the-hood performance enhancements as well as plenty of new and useful features. Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and here we'll be looking at some of the most useful and significant new features found in iOS 12. We'll start with a look at improvements to how notification messages are handled by your device, and its new ability to group related notifications together. We'll explore the new Screen Time feature, which helps you track and manage the amount of time you spend using your device, and gives you insight on which apps take up most of your time.
We'll take a look at the improved Strong Password feature, which helps you pick, store, and use strong, unique passwords for the sites you visit. And we'll check out updates to specific apps, like Photos, which makes it easier to search for and find the pictures you're looking for, and the new Measure app, for measuring the length and dimensions of real-world objects using augmented reality. I've also included a chapter on new features that are specific to the iPad, like the ability to multitask up to three apps simultaneously, where to find the Control Center in iOS 12, and how to use the keyboard as a trackpad while working with text.
We'll be looking at all these new features and much more, so let's get started, and jump into iOS 12.
Q: This course was updated on 11/21/2018. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers using the new Group FaceTime calling feature.