- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Instructor] Thanks for joining me for this quick look at the new features in the Windows 10 Creators update. I'm Nick Brazzi. The Creators update is the second major revision to Windows 10 since its initial release. This course will introduce you to the most important new features and we'll start with a look at some general system and security changes. The start menu has a few small but useful new features, the Setting app has received lots of tweaks, so we'll introduce the major organizational changes then we'll look at some specific options and settings that are new or updated, like pairing Bluetooth accessories and changing permissions for installing applications, then we'll see some changes in a few of the bundled applications.
In the Edge web browser, there are now features for organizing several tabs and you can also purchase and read books in Edge. We'll look at some new features for drawing directly on Maps and converting those sketches into distance measurements or directions, then we'll dive into the new Paint 3D application which is used to build three dimensional objects and artwork. So let's jump in and check out these new features in the Windows 10 Creators update.
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.