Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video What this course is and is not, part of CINEMA 4D R18 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] This course is aimed at beginners new to Cinema 4D and visual effects. Chapters will start off at a lower pace to build a foundation of understanding. And then we'll pick up as we progress through each chapter. While we can't cover everything in this course, we have created other courses in this series on Cinema 4D R18, which teach other aspects of the software. So if there's something missing from this course, you'll likely find it in one of the others. And if you're just starting out with Cinema 4D so that what we're discussing here isn't completely foreign to you.
I'd advise you to watch the course entitled Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: The Basics. Once you've done that, come back here. Simply put, visual effects are about integrating a computer generated element with a live action element, so as to blend the two elements in a seamless manner. In this course, we'll be mainly focusing on tools that will help your visual effects workflow. Such as the motion tracker, that is shipped with Cinema 4D since R16, and some other useful tools like the camera calibrator.
In some cases we will take what we've learned and build upon it throughout the chapter. But I want to point out that this is not a project-based course. It's a course about teaching different areas of the software, which will aid your visual effects workflow. The techniques and methods stored will set you up for success when working with Cinema 4D. You'll feel confident to take on any project that comes your way. I hope you enjoy this course and find it useful. If you have any comments or questions, please get in touch.
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.