Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Screaming Frog?, part of Marketing Tools: SEO.
- [Instructor] The process of Google,…and other search engines evaluating your site…is done through what's known as the crawl.…A bot will arrive on your site,…crawl your links, and hopefully index your content.…The truth is though, we don't have a lot of insight…into what's going on when Google…and others crawl your site.…Fortunately, there's a tool called Screaming Frog SEO Spider…that will run on your PC, Mac, or Linux machine…and crawl your site just as a search engine would.…
The program will fetch all your on-site elements…and then organizes the information…into easy-to-understand tabs and reports.…This allows you to identify common SEO issues,…evaluate site changes, and perform a fairly…comprehensive audit without the need…to manually review every page on your site.…Screaming Frog will gather everything…from your URL, page titles, meta descriptions,…headings, images, and so on.…
It'll also check your redirects,…and help you build site maps and investigate problems…with your robots.txt file.…This is a fantastic tool, and it's used by…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.