- Working with Crow, the C++ micro web framework
- Deploying containers to Heroku
- Building websites and webpages
- Accessing data from a database
- Accessing data via RESTful APIs
- Creating API endpoints
- Running WebSockets on Heroku
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Troy] Today, few people think of C++ when they are developing websites, which is a shame. Modern C++ is an amazingly powerful language. It has the same features of other languages, and one thing they don't, it compiles down to machine code. This makes it fast when starting it up, and when executing. On the web, this means your users will wait less for your site to render. Hi, my name is Troy Miles, and I'm a senior software engineer. Our goal in this LinkedIn learning course is simple, show you how to build a website in C++, using MongoDB as the database, and deploy it to the internet using Heroku as our Cloud server.
You can write bad code in any language, but a well written C++ program is generally faster than any other. So join me as we take a look at all C++ has to offer.
1. Installing Our Tools
2. Deploying to Heroku
Installing the Heroku CLI1m 17s
3. Building Websites
4. Data Access
5. RESTful APIs
6. WebSockets and Crow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.