AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
- [Bruce] Our field changes rapidly, and you need to keep learning new languages and platforms to stay relevant. In my LinkedIn Learning course, Visual Studio for Mac, I'll show you how to expand your existing skills with .NET programming into the world of Apple. With Visual Studio for Mac, you can develop any kind of software, be it web, mobile or desktop. I'll show you how to create a reusable code library, which you will then use in two different contexts. Our library contains our business logic. We'll add a command line program that uses that library.
We'll then create a Mac desktop app that does the same thing but with a different presentation using the Mac Cocoa framework without using any Objective-C or Swift. Watching this course gives your software and your coding skills ultimate portability. With the skills you learn, you'll be able to publish the software to both Mac and PC environments. Join me and let's take your skills to a new level.
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.