Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the testing tool, part of Marketing Tools: SEO.
- Earlier, we saw how to test structured data…from within Google search console,…but let's say you want to review a competitor's…use of structured data, perhaps to gauge…how well they're using it or perhaps to get an idea…of your competitive advantage.…Google has a stand-alone resource called…the Structured Data Testing Tool.…With it, you can test…a single page's markup for correctness.…You can either enter a URL for the tool to fetch,…or paste in markup HTML code directly.…
To get here, you'll visit…developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool…or simply run a Google search for…structured data testing tool.…I'm going to go ahead and choose the fetch URL option…here on the left-hand side and I'll add in…explorecalifornia.org and then choose fetch and validate.…We'll see the HTML code here on the left-hand side…of the screen, and on the right-hand side,…we can see that it says no structured data present.…
This indicates that there is no structured data…on the site, so we should likely add some.…Let's add a different URL to see…
- Setting SEO goals
- Configuring Google Search Console
- Evaluating the Google index
- Using PageSpeed Insights
- Interpreting results and leveraging reports
- Using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Generating a site map
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Multiplying keyword lists
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google PageSpeed Insights
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Google Keyword Planner
Multiply keyword lists2m 37s
6. Google Structured Data
8. Moz Open Site Explorer
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.