Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use out-of-office replies, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] Our last topic is really the ultimate…use of rules, in my opinion,…and that is automatically replying to people…when you're not in the office.…To set up Outlook to reply on your behalf…so you don't come back to a lot of angry colleagues…or discouraged customers.…You'll find Out Of Office on the tools tab of the ribbon.…Click Out Of Office and it will load.…And it's loading this information from the server…because this is going to be running…when Microsoft Outlook is turned off.…
Therefore these settings have to be kept not locally…in Microsoft Outlook,…but on the server in Microsoft Exchange.…And it's the bringing back the information…from the last time I did this.…First, you need to turn it on.…I'm going to say send automatic replies from this account.…It says, "Good day!…"I'm out of the office for the holiday…"and will return on..."…And I'm going to say,…"I'm going to return on December 27th.…"I'll respond to emails when I return.…"If you need to reach me while I'm out,…"email my assistant, Reggie."…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies