Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use multiple windows, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] Often when I'm working in Outlook,…there's a dance that goes on between my inbox…and my calendar because I'm receiving messages…that are asking me about particular dates…and to answer those questions,…I need to check in my calendar.…This particular email is asking about…August 24th through 28th of 2017.…I'm going to go to my calendar, I'm going to flip forward,…it'd be easier to do that by month,…go to August 2017 and that's across a couple…of different weeks here, the 24th through the 28th,…and so I'll just look at the entire month…so that I can keep it available.…
Oh, want to go back to that email…and see what it was about then, alright,…and we've been selected for the International Association…for Applied Linguistics Conference, that's great.…Now let me go back to my calendar.…Notice when I do, it snaps right back to where I was…because each time I restart my calendar,…it goes to a view that includes today.…When I go to my inbox, it will go to the top…of my inbox unless I had a message selected.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies