Learn about different units of measurements.
- [Instructor] Materials and other components…of construction estimates are often quantified…using different types of units of measure.…The units of measure may then apply…to individual units or assemblies.…Measurements may be based on a linear calculation…such as inches, meters, or feet,…an area calculation such as a square foot or square meter,…or even a volume calculation such as gallons…or liters or cubic liters or cubic yards.…There are many acronyms and abbreviations…used to express the units of measure…for a particular type of material or process.…
Consult your cost data source…for a list of these abbreviations.…
- Common estimating terms
- Different types of construction costs
- Using a printed unit page and a printed area page
- Finding and using city indices
- Working with RSMeans Online
- Creating an estimate
- Adding items and assemblies to an estimate
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management: Planning and Schedulingwith Jim Rogers1h 25m Intermediate
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Management: Project Delivery Methodswith Jim Rogers1h 9m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Data formats1m 58s
2. Looking Up Data
3. RSMeans and RSMeans Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.