- How in-house creative teams benefit companies
- Strategies for creating a positive, empowering team culture
- Understanding and articulating your value
- Creative team operational best practices
- Project management best practices
- Effective ways to collaborate with clients, managers, and peers
- Powerful business communication skills
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is Andy Epstein and like many of you, I've spent most of my career working as a creative in corporations. I have some pretty vivid memories of what it felt like when I dove head first into the world of business dress casual, cube farms, and meeting mania. I was intimidated, disoriented, and I felt like someone threw me into a game without telling me what the rules were. At the same time, I was excited about the possibilities of working on big projects and seizing opportunities to have an impact on a large group of people both inside and outside of the companies that hired me.
I imagine many of you have had and are having similar experiences. Over time, I've been able to not only survive, but also evolve as a creative professional working in the belly of the corporate beast. I've been building, leading, growing, and sustaining internal corporate creative teams for almost 30 years at both large and small organizations in a variety of industries. This experience has provided me with ample opportunity to make enough humiliating mistakes that I actually managed to learn some powerful business insights.
These insights have allowed me to develop effective behaviors, practices, and tactics, ways of being that I believe can help drive your professional success. Actually, let's up the ante and shoot for all of us not just surviving and succeeding, but actually having fun working in our left brain bureaucratic and at times honestly what for some can be soul-crushing work environments. Taking the 10,000 foot view, I'll cover communication best practices, collaborative tactics, insights into the culture of the suits, your value proposition as a creative, as well as corporate etiquette dos and don'ts so that at the end of the day, you'll be fueled up with information you never got in school.
If you commit to leveraging the learnings in this course, you'll achieve a level of professionalism and influence that will allow you to reach any and all of your career goals without compromising or losing sight of your creative identity. So let's dive into the deep end of the corporate pool. I promise you won't sink. And by the end of this, you'll know how to swim.