Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sort, filter, and show columns, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- When I have this nice grid…to be able to look at my email messages,…I can of course arrange as we saw in the last movie,…for example, by conversation or date received.…But there are some other features of this list…that are pretty slick.…First, I can sort simply by clicking…one of these column headings.…Sort by subject, sort by date received,…whatever I would like to sort by.…Sort by whether it has an attachment.…That's pretty nice.…Sort by subject.…
And in this case, sorting and arranging are a really similar…so if I'm choosing date received then I'm really sorting…by date received.…The reason that it's thought of as arranging…more than sorting again has something to do…with the smart grouping because it's not strictly sorting.…It's also imposing some grouping that's helpful for me.…I can also add columns.…These aren't all the columns that are available.…If I right-click on the columns, check it out.…I could also add what account an email was sent from or to.…
The date that it was sent.…The size, this is incredibly helpful…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies