In this video, learn how to use the Lens Distortion tool in Cinema 4D to calculate and save a lens profile based on a lens grid which can be reused on future shots.
- [Narrator] We're now going to take a lens grid…that was filmed with an Iphone 6S Plus.…and we will calculate the lens distortion…and save it out as a profile for later use.…So what we're going to do is…access the lens distortion tool,…come over to tools and use lens distortion.…In the image tab, the image field,…we can then add an image by pressing the ellipses button,…and I'll navigate to where the lens grid is and open it up.…So what we need to do is make sure our film aspect here…is the same as in our render settings here, or vice versa.…
So we need to change the width…and height to match our source image.…So I'll type in 4032, and 3024.…And then that should all match up.…So we'll close down the render settings,…and we'll move into the lens distortion tab.…There's two types of modes, automatic and manual,…and the differences are just…the types of lines that you can create.…We can just stick with automatic…and I'll add an endpoint line.…So this looks like a bit of an L shape,…it's got three points.…
You can add more by command clicking onto the line.…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.