Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Light, render, and finish, part of CINEMA 4D R18 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Narrator] So let's look at how I created a camera move…and added lighting to this scene…and then we'll go over some of the render settings…and then how the final output…was composited in After Effects.…So for the lighting I just chose to use the physical sky,…if we just unhide that and I just set up a time…and then I double clicked onto here…and just added a bit of some clouds in…and I think some other bits, maybe sunbeams turned on,…stuff like that, and it's very simple really.…
It's mainly lit by the time of day.…And so the next thing to do would be…to set up a camera move, and now…I like to make my camera moves,…if I'm doing a really simple move,…I'll just use the morph camera…because it's quite easy to set up your start point,…and then your end point, and then combine that…with the camera morph tag to create a morph camera,…and then you animate the blend…so that you end up with a camera move like so.…So I definitely pushed it too far, really.…
When you get to quite close up the textures…don't hold up too well, but I don't know,…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.