Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Bake textures and paint, part of CINEMA 4D R18 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at…baking textures with projection man,…painting fixes in Photoshop…and adding models from the content browser…to populate the scene.…So, once I'd modeled all the buildings I wanted to use,…then the next step was to project a texture on…and I just render this…and let's render it to the picture view actually.…So we can see it a bit larger.…So, I want to make sure that I have an Alpha channel…so that I can remove these unwanted edges…and kind of make the texture blend in…better with the geometry.…
Because, you know, this is what you can do…if you haven't modeled everything exactly precisely.…So, I'll bake the texture…and fix it in Photoshop.…So, what we can do is select our building,…come over to Window, Projection Man,…and here we've got the building…and we can choose to General, Bake Object,…and then a place to save it.…I'm going to save it as Photoshop.…We're going to make it quite large,…so 2048,…and we can choose to replace the object as well.…
So I'll just save it to the desktop…and we'll put it there.…
- What is VFX?
- How is C4D used by VFX artists?
- Setting up a project for tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Removing lens distortion
- Solving and saving lens profiles
- Importing a model
- Manipulating keyframes and curves
- Creating shiny, refractive, and displaced materials
- Working with C4D lights and shadows
- Lighting with Sky objects
- Compositing mulitpass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R18 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham5h 12m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
1. What Is VFX?
2. The Importance of Motion Tracking
3. Preparing and Animating Models for VFX
4. Basic Materials
5. Basic VFX Lighting
6. Camera Projection and Modelling
7. Takes, Tokens, and Multipass Rendering
Challenge overview1m 49s
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.