- Formatting data
- Creating network graphs
- Measuring connectedness and betweenness of points
- Calculating networking density
- Describing network components
- Visualizing a network
- Writing a network description to a text file
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Curt] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Social Network Analysis Using R. In this course, I'll introduce you to the fundamentals of performing Social Network Analysis Using the R Language. I will start by showing you how to find and load the packages you need, set up your data for analysis, and create a graph from existing data. Next, I'll show you how to analyze a network by measuring the betweenness of points, identifying cliques within a graph, and describing the network's components. Finally, I'll show you how to visualize your network by plotting it as a graph, changing vertex and edge colors, and writing the network's description to a text file.
I'm sure you'll find that your time with Social Network Analysis Using R will be time well spent. Dive right in.