Set up the interior scene for rendering in V-Ray. In this video, George goes over the key V-Ray settings for 3ds Max that allow for both speed and high-quality renderings.
- [Instructor] For this course, … we're going to be using V-Ray as our renderer. … So, let's start off by just setting up V-Ray … and understanding a little bit more … about V-Ray's render settings. … I'm going to go into rendering, render setup. … And that brings up our render setup window. … For this particular image, we're going … to render at 1920 by 1080. … So let's first work with output size. … Now, we can go and scroll down to HDTV, … and you'll see we have a number of options here. … Now, our final render is going to 1920 by 1080, … but for a lot of our test renders, … we can use a reduced resolution, … so that way it will render faster. … So depending upon the speed of your computer, … you want to select something a little bit lower than that. … Either 1280 or 480 to reduce the size of the render … and speed up rendering as we do our tests. … We also have the V-Ray tab. … So let's make sure we have some … of our switches set properly. … Now I'm going to be using mostly defaults here. …
- Types of exposure compensation
- Whether to use photometric lighting
- Adding sunlight
- Adjusting auxiliary lights
- Balancing lights
- Rendering passes using State Sets
- Adding an ambient occlusion pass
- Adding reflection and selection pass
- Creating and adjusting flames
- Simulating firelight
- Illuminating a floor lamp
- Rendering for mattes
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
V-Ray: Control Color Bleed in SketchUpwith Brian Bradley1h 2m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Scene
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.