Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set the default view, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Narrator] If you have modified your view…in a particular way and have put the columns in place…in the arrangement that you would like to have,…for example, perhaps you always like to come in…to having your inbox arranged by who items are from.…Not sure why you would want to do that,…I wouldn't necessarily,…but you might choose to do that,…and if you did and you wanted this to persist,…then what you can do is set this as the default view,…and the easiest way to do this is to turn off…the Reading Pane first.…
Right-click and choose Make This The Default View,…and then I'm going to turn my Reading Pane back on again.…So, now if I go to my Calendar and then I come back,…notice that From is my default view.…If I go to the Organize tab and back off again,…and modify this, for example,…to arrange by Conversations,…and I back then and say, Restore to Defaults,…this folder, it will go back to the default view…that I setup.…
So, when I'm changing the default view,…I'm really changing the default view.…If I want to change to the view I had originally,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies