Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Save a search as a Smart Folder, part of Efficient Email Management with Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- [Instructor] I'm going to return to search…and look for items from Tammy.…All email.…This would be my all items.…Here's my all email.…Now, notice that we have Tammy.…Okay, so she's mentioned here.…I had mentioned her earlier.…Now, what I'd like to do is apply a further filter.…I'd like to just see items that are from this month.…Notice what happens.…
Items contains Tammy, date received, this month.…If I want to add more items, I can.…Use the plus sign.…Use the minus sign to get rid of items I don't want to list.…And let's say this is something that I do frequently.…I say show me all of the emails from Tammy from this month.…I have the ability to save this search.…And what happens is it's added to my list of smart folders.…So, I'm going to call this Tammy this month…and there it is.…
Now, if I go back to my inbox…and I want to see items from Tammy this month,…just click Tammy this month and there they are.…In the same way, I can see email.…For example, it was overdue, it was flagged and is overdue…or any items that are flagged at all…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Viewing messages by conversation
- Using Instant Search to find a message
- Saving a search as a Smart Folder
- Arranging email by date or by sender
- Creating inbox folders
- Customizing and using categories
- Flagging an email for action
- Creating and managing rules that handle messages
- Using out-of-office replies